Terms of Service
Prior to using our site, please thoroughly read the following terms of service and disclaimers.
By accessing our site and using our service, it is implied you have read and agree to these terms of service.
Our terms of service and disclaimers may be revised at any time, so please visit this page frequently.
We are not lawyers
By accessing our site and using our service, you acknowledge the following:
- you are aware that we are not a law firm and our staff are not lawyers.
- you are aware that we do not practice law.
- you are aware that we are not able to provide you with legal advice. Given this, there are some questions that we simply cannot answer.
- you are aware that our site is intended to provide you with general information only and is not a substitute for legal advice or assistance.
- you are aware that we are a typing service and will type your uncontested or joint divorce documents based solely on the information provided by you in our Questionnaire.
- you are aware that should your divorce become contested, we will be unable to further assist you and will recommend that you seek the advice of a legal professional in your area.
If there are any outstanding or contentious issues between you and your spouse, we strongly recommend you seek the counsel of a legal professional in your area before beginning the divorce process.
Payment for service is made in advance by credit card, money order, certified cheque, PayPal or Interac email money transfer. Sorry, personal cheques are not accepted. Money orders and certified cheques are payable to Untie The Knot Divorce Service.
Payments by credit card will appear on statements as Untie The Knot Divorce Service.
We guarantee that your documents will be completed and forwarded to you within two (2) weeks after we receive your completed Questionnaire, provided:
- any additional information and/or documentation required is received; and
- any payments required have been paid in full.
Several factors beyond our control may affect the processing of your divorce application once it has been submitted to the court and therefore, we cannot guarantee the time it will take for your application to be processed by the court.
Past experience has shown us that although the majority of divorces are completed in about five to six (5-6) months, it can take longer for your divorce to be finalized. It is therefore strongly recommended that you begin your divorce proceedings well in advance of planning a wedding!
Your application can only be canceled if your request is received before we have begun to type your documents.
Delivery of documents
Your documents will be delivered to you either by regular mail or email.
If you choose to have your documents delivered to you by regular mail, they will be sent via Canada Post. Regular postage rates are included in our fees. If you request to have your documents delivered expeditiously, additional charges will apply.
If you choose to have your documents delivered to you by email, they will be sent in PDF format. You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view and print your documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader or need to upgrade your Acrobat Reader, please click on ‘Get Acrobat Reader‘ to download this free program.
Guarantee and privacy